September 06, 2007
Memories from Burning Man 2007
In no particular order:
- In a drugstore on the way, we heard that the man had already been burned down by an arsonist.
- Packing the two vehicles was kind of nightmarish because we had so much stuff.
- Brina and I had hours in the car in which we organized the songs on the iPod. Useful and fun!
- Brina always yelled "Cow!" whenever we crossed a cattle grate.
- Prius navigation systems rock.
- I ran behind the water truck a couple of times to cool off. Watertruck! (not me pictured). And yes, once I was completely naked.
- Most of the time I wore only a sarong on the lower half of my body. Very comfortable and cool.
- Brina was a truly fabulous camper. She made us all comfy and happy and I can't imagine doing something like this without her.
- I should bring a camera that I'm not afraid of breaking.
- I biked by someone's camp that was just displaying a big neon "Y" out front. I yelled "Y!" as I went by and someone inside yelled "Exactly!"
- I'm not used to riding a bicycle.
- I loved meeting and talking to Devon, Hannah, Nathalie, Adam, Adam, Parham, Mark, Whitney, Don, Lynn, and several other people who's names I can't remember.
- It was great to hangout with friends I already knew, too: Ryan, Darby, Devin, Laura, Mark, Lois, Frederick, and Eve.
- Conversations with Keith can be surreal at times. Which is an excellent thing.
- Steven looks great with a grizzled beard and a straw hat.
- I wrote Blossom's name on the Temple and watched it burn. Blossom is a co-worker of mine that died a few weeks ago.
- Getting a crowd of 40,000 people to sit down is difficult.
- I've never seen a higher concentration of generous, caring people.
Posted at September 6, 2007 10:22 AM
These are fantabulous! Especially the nice things you say about me :-) I had such a good time with you!
Settlers of Catan!
Large Oil thing
Posted by: Brina at September 6, 2007 11:58 AM
Love the "Y!" story. Hate the "naked" and "sarong" story. ; )
Sounds like a great time! Now I don't feel as guilty running off to Carson City for the weekend thinking that I was leaving you all alone! (I'll get pics posted eventually... of course I forgot to take the camera with me to either the birthday party or the barbeque... oops!) Choco should be sending me pics eventually when she gets back home.
Posted by: Limax at September 7, 2007 10:39 AM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, .Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)